45 search results for “Sara Chisholm”
More and more business owners are looking for customized websites, and ecommerce is often on the top of their priority list.
If you build websites, there's a good chance that you've worked with WordPress — but WordPress developers know that ecommerce is not a native feature of that system. To take advantage of the growing market demand for ecommerce, there’s no better time to start working with an ecommerce platform.
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners, Tiffany Tse — Partner Education and Front End Developer Advocate at Shopify — will help WordPress users get started with Shopify theming by showing you how your existing skill set is transferable.
- Basic theme features and Shopify equivalents.
- Parallels in theme structure between WordPress and Shopify.
- Theme templates and loading content on the frontend.
- How to set up a local environment, and what tools are available to get you ramped up quickly with Shopify theming.
In this one-hour session you'll learn:
- How to apply ES6 in your code.
- The many use cases for ES6.
- A few common developer headaches solved by ES6.
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners, Tiffany Tse — Partner Education and Front End Developer Advocate Lead at Shopify — will cover the basics of Sass, and how to use it to speed up your development with Shopify.
During this one-hour presentation, we’ll cover:
- What a CSS preprocessor is.
- Sass vs. SCSS.
- Variables and nesting.
- Sass functions, mixins and custom functions.
- Interpolation, workflow, and best practices.
Animation is a powerful design tool that, far too often, goes ignored.
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners on February 16, Val Head, author of Designing Interface Animation, will discuss where animation can best inform UX and how to build more sophisticated animated interactions on the web.
During this one-hour presentation, you’ll learn:
- Where and how animation can add to the user experience.
- How to identify the most effective places to use animation in your own work.
- How to talk about animation in a design-centric way.
A client seeks you out. They give you thousands of dollars in advance. Then, inexplicably, they (seemingly) do everything in their power to ruin your life and make the project a miserable failure... Or do they? What is it that causes clients to lose faith so quickly?
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners, Carl Smith — General Manager at Bureau of Digital — will walk you through how to nurture blossoming client relationships.
During this session, Carl will cover:
- Establishing trust with clients.
- Having tough conversations and negotiating project conflict.
- How to keep your client and team in sync.
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners, Josh Brown — developer advocate at Shopify — will take you through the various SDKs that make adding ecommerce to Android possible, potential use cases for the Android Buy SDK, and an overview of integrating Android Pay into your native mobile app.
During this one-hour presentation, we’ll cover:
- Getting started with the Android Buy SDK and creating the mobile buy channel in Shopify.
- Setting up your mobile app and retrieving product and collections data.
- Adding customer signup and login to your Android app.
- Checkout and Android Pay.
In a mobile-first world, front end developers work diligently to adjust their content based on a myriad of viewport sizes — and responsive design and development has to take into account screen resolution, size, and mobile bandwidth.
In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partner, Sarah Drasner — Senior Developer Advocate at Microsoft, award-winning Speaker, and Staff Writer at CSS-Tricks.com — will help you streamline the adjustment of complex animations for responsive parameters with clarity, performance, and functionality in mind.
During this session, Sarah will cover:
- Why SVG is powerful for performance and how animation conveys meaning to a user.
- How to pair the two for beautiful and performant movement on the web.
- Technical gotchas, tools, and considerations for SVG animation.
During Shopify Unite 2017, we officially launched Slate – a theme scaffolding and command line tool built for Shopify theme development and deployment. In this free webinar hosted by Shopify Partners, Nathan Ferguson — front end developer lead at Shopify — will show you how to use Slate in your custom theming projects.
During this one-hour presentation, you will:
- Start a new project with Slate.
- Understand what features and functionalities are provided out-of-the-box.
- Identify how to use Slate’s helper scripts to build custom functionality for storefronts, and inside the editor.
Have you considered how effective your portfolio website is at converting visitors to new, paying clients? In this first guide in a series dedicated to helping you find clients and grow your business, we tell you what you can do to optimize your portfolio website.
In this free downloadable guide we'll cover:
- What to include in your portfolio website.
- How to write trust-building case studies.
- Why you should be paying closer attention to your contact page.
- How to find new clients by aligning your business with Shopify.