Black Friday is right around the corner, so by now you’re probably putting the finishing touches on your sales and marketing plan. On the other hand, if you’re a procrastinator like me, you haven’t done ~anything at all~. That’s not great, but we still have time to do this right.
Before we get started, read the following quote and let it really sink in:
“According to Adobe, U.S. consumers spent a record-breaking $2.4 billion on Black Friday last year. But that record won’t last long; according to TechRadar, Black Friday 2015 is projected to be the biggest day of spending on the internet — ever.” - Corey Ferreira
More than $2.4B is expected to be spent on Black Friday. Two point four billion dollars in one day! This is an opportunity no business owner can afford to ignore, so today, we’re going to marathon your Black Friday prep work and get your store ready for the biggest sales day of the year.
Corey’s incredible checklist covers everything you need to do before the big day. From planning and testing to marketing and optimization, no stone is left unturned. Of all three articles covered in this guide, this is the one you can’t afford to skip. In it you’ll:
- Learn how to make a sales map and keep yourself organized with Excel
- Find a useful template for building banners and images to promote your sale
- Discover how Amazon and other giants build suspense and excitement
If your business has a Facebook Page (and it absolutely should), this post will take you through five highly effective ways to make it work harder on (and before) Black Friday. You’ll also learn about the new Facebook Shop section, an easy way to display and sell products on your Page. In this post you’ll:
- Learn how to turn your Facebook Page into a source of Black Friday sales and hype
- Find a template to help you create an awesome cover image for Black Friday
- Discover how huge brands are using new Facebook features to drive sales
Last year email marketing drove over 27% of holiday sales according to Custora. With this year’s Black Friday set to be the biggest one yet, that number is only expected to rise. Capitalizing on email marketing’s incredible stake in Black Friday sales should be a huge priority for you, and Corey’s post is going to show you how it’s done. In this post you’ll:
- Learn how successful businesses use email marketing to drive sales on Black Friday
- Find helpful advice on how you can steal their ideas for your own campaign
- Discover unique approaches to email marketing and understand how they really work
Congrats! If you’ve been following along, your store is now in great shape to make the most of Black Friday. For those of you still interested in learning more, check out the other in-depth articles and tutorials on our dedicated Black Friday/Cyber Monday page.
About The Author
Jordan Simas is a copywriter, all you can eat sushi lover, and content creator at Shopify.