Over the past couple of weeks we have released some updates to Google Product Search so you can take advantage of some new fields that Google has added. These changes also cover the feed requirements for September 22 that Google announced a few months ago.
For most customers these new fields are already being submitted, customers who are selling Apparel type products my need to add some additional fields to their products.
- the availability of your products (in/out of stock) is automatically submitted
- the Shopify product type is automatically submitted along with the Google Product Type specified
- the first 9 images are automatically submitted with each product
- color, size, pattern and material options are automatically submitted if the product has variants with those options
- gender and age group can be specified in the additional fields area