We are excited to announce that we will be featuring Shopify stores daily on our Facebook Page.
The "film strip" along the top of Facebook profiles displays the 5 most recently uploaded pictures. We thought this would be a great place to display the diversity and creativity of Shopify shops. We've picked a few of our favorite shops to get things started and here's how it looks:
Starting next Monday, we will select a new screenshot each day and add it to the "film strip". This a great opportunity for Shopify stores to reach all those in our news feed plus the folks who visit our Facebook Page.
UPDATE: Shopify will also Tweet out the Featured Store each day, this gives you exposure to our 24,000+ Twitter followers!
Want to be featured?
All you need to do is upload a screenshot of your site and tag Shopify in it. If you're not sure how to do this, here's some instructions:
1. Take a screenshot of your Shopify website. If you're not sure how to do this, here is a Windows tutorial and a Mac tutorial. You will want to crop out everything except for the website itself. Save your screenshot to your computer.
2. Upload your photo to your Facebook account (either your personal account or your business Page, it's up to you). In your description include: the store name, the URL of your store, a description of your store and/or product(s), and if you have one, include links to your Facebook Page and Twitter feed and then save the changes. Here's an example of what it should look like:
Be sure to include the "http://" in front of any URL's, this way Facebook will know to make them clickable.
3. After saving, you should be returned to the Album page. Click on the screenshot you just uploaded and it will open.
4. Click on the "Tag This Photo" link on the left side and then click anywhere on the screenshot. Type in Shopify, as you do, auto-complete options will appear and you should see the Shopify Page appear as an option. Click on Shopify and you should see Shopify listed in the "In this photo:" section under the picture.
5. That's it, you're all done.
If you have any questions or problems with uploading or tagging, feel free to post a comment and we'll try and help out.
Want More Exposure? There's another way to get posted to our Facebook Page. If you have a Facebook Page for your store, "Like" the Shopify Page from your store account and we will "Like" you back. That way, your Facebook Page will randomly show up in our Likes list on the left side of the page. Please note that Facebook doesn't allow us to Like personal profiles, but we do like you, really, we do!